This is a great opportunity for an individual who is committed to excellence with an
interest in the non-profit sector, staff recruitment and general Human Resources. ARC of Contra Costa is a mission-driven, non-profit human services agency, with over 350 staff, that has been serving people with
intellectual and other developmental disabilities, such as autism, cerebral palsy and epilepsy since 1965.
The primary responsibly of this position is recruiting and other pre-employment, new
hire and orientation functions for staff members who will work in our programs throughout Contra Costa County. This position will function out of our administrative office in Martinez, CA.
The primary functions/responsibilities identified for the position include:
- Complete entire recruitment process: including job postings and ads, screening resumes, candidate tracking and follow up.
- Conduct phone screens and in-person interviews.
- Complete reference checks.
- Oversee and maintain the applicant tracking database, including training new users.
- Coordinate and conduct two-part new staff orientation.
- Process all new hire paperwork, including enrolling new staff in medical, dental, and other benefits plans.
- Provide general administrative support to the HR department.
Qualifications and requirements include:
Bachelors degree required. A minimum of two years experience working in HR or
recruiting strongly preferred, as well as hands-on experience in general recruiting and administrative support. Knowledge of and experience in current recruiting trends, including Internet recruiting, strongly
preferred. Experience in staffing industry preferred.
A general understanding of State and Federal employment regulations, basic employment
laws and EEOC practices preferred. Intermediate Microsoft Office usage skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as Internet research experience is required.
Candidates must be detail oriented and possess the ability to problem solve, multi-task
and work in a team environment with a strong commitment to excellence in the delivery of quality HR services to the organization. Exceptional data management and clerical skills required. Strong organizational and
follow-through skills required. Ability to communicate proficiently in professional English, both orally and in writing, required.
Drivers license, good driving record and use of a personal vehicle for work purposes
Hours: Monday - Friday - 8:30am - 4:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Compensation: $38,000 - $42,000 annually and good benefits
Please submit to HR your RESUME and answer the following four questions:
1. What do you like about being a recruiter?
2. What differentiates you from others with similar experiences who are applying for this
3. What are the first five things you would do in this role if hired?
4. Name three companies/organizations you admire or would want to work for and why.
Fax: 925-370-2048 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specify in subject line of Email
or fax: Recruiter. Only those who follow correct application procedures will be considered. No phone calls, please.